Meet Your Atlanta Orthodontist
Dr. Oral C. Francis grew up in Florida before pursuing his career in orthodontics.
Dr. Francis has always dreamed of improving people's smiles and loves helping his patients through their orthodontic treatment. Today, he gets to do just that in the beautiful city of Decatur, GA.
Dr. Francis earned his Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry from the University of South Florida. He then obtained his Doctor of Dental Surgery degree from Meharry Medical College, where he graduated in the top five percent of his class.
From there, he completed two full years of post-graduate specialty training in orthodontics at Howard University in Washington D.C. He’s also been inducted into Omicron Kappa Upsilon, the International Dental Honor Society.
Dr. Francis is dedicated to providing his patients with the most advanced and comprehensive orthodontic care available. He frequently participates in continuing education to remain aware of advances in his profession.
Why an Orthodontist in Atlanta?
Orthodontist vs. Dentist
An orthodontist is a dentist, but a dentist is not an Orthodontist. All orthodontists are dentists first, but though not every dentist has the qualifications to be an orthodontist. Dr. Francis continued his formal education for 2 or 3 additional years before receiving the necessary license and certification. As an orthodontist, Dr. Francis has spent years studying nothing but how and why to move teeth. This includes what to do, how to plan, and how to execute the appropriate treatment plan.
Why does it matter if you see your Atlanta Orthodontist?
Specialists receive additional training to give them the skills needed to deal with more complex orthodontic problems. Dentists receive basic orthodontic training which allows them to perform root canals, extract wisdom teeth, and treat young children who do not need to see an orthodontist yet.
Seeing a specialist like your Atlanta orthodontist may change your experience in braces by:
- Providing additional treatment options.
- Giving you more efficient treatment and visits, because it is the office's primary area of care.
- Knowing that you'll receive the best possible outcome on your treatment plan, especially if you have severe bite problems that need to be addressed.
- Personal experience treating multiple cases that share your unique concerns
- Being seen more quickly, as a family dentist will be focused on longer patient cases or emergencies throughout the day.
- You may think it's easier to have your orthodontic work completed by your dentist. Convenience shouldn't be a concern, because you will only be stopping by your Atlanta orthodontist's offices every six to eight weeks.
And don't let price be a problem either! Inman Park Orthodontics is proud to provide affordable treatment in the Atlanta area.